SAL Fall Meeting
Call to Order:
Bensalem 1 Abington 2 CBEast 2 LowerMer 2
Centennial 2 HatHorsh 1 CBSouthWest 2 Methacton 2
Council Rock 2 Springfld 2 NorthPenn 2
Lower More 2 Upper Dub 2 PerkVal 2 PW 2
Neshaminy 1 Wissahick 2 Souderton 2 Radnor 2
Pennsb 1 UpperMer 2
1. Chairman Pete Crippen did introductions and Secretary took attendance. All teams are represented. Pete expressed sympathy for our Girls Registrar, Mike Dunn, who was not attendance as he is recovering from surgery and for Terry Peterson, Coach and Rep from Council Rock. Terry is in Moss Rehab at the moment and the league will keep her in our thoughts and prayers.
SAL is a Parent/Representative run organization. Copies of the Constitution and bylaws are on the SAL website at www.suburbanaquatic.org
2. Treasurer Report: Balance as of
Division champs hosts need to get meet entries to Tom McManus ASAP. Dues for the season are calculated based on entries from Leagues and Divisions. Dues also cover all ribbons and medals for all championships, Senior Awards per division, and league operating expenses (team manager, computers, etc…)
3. Diving President Jim Davidson (not in attendance) made
comments that CBSW hosting Diving A Champs went smoothly and was a substantial
savings for the league (not paying LaSalle). Abington expressed concerns that
athletes were slighted by the change of venue, the sound system was poor, and
the sight lines for the diving judges were not great. On the plus side, CBSW
has plenty of parking, 4 brand new boards, freedom to
move about the facility. CBSW said the sound system issue was being addressed.
There will be a vote on
4. Coaches Meeting is
5. Championshjips Report: John McGinley. Entries from coaches still a slight problem. It is the rep’s job to make sure that coaches know how to submit entries. Psych sheets were posted on the web. Otherwise, everything went well. We are open to other locations for A Champs – please submit suggestions to Pete. Needs to accommodate 1000 athletes and spectators on both sides of the pool,
6. We will ask the Webmaster to send notification of next
league meeting which will be on Tuessday,
7. Registrars: Please send TM and MM backup to each registrar for every meet. Results due no later than Monday after the meet. Be sure to include the final score of the meet so the Won/Lose can be recorded. Diving Results MUST be included with the swimming results for the meet to count (diving are 1st three events). All instructions are posted on the league website, including meet templates. If you need help with Team Manager or Meet Manager, please contact Pete Crippen, or any other board member. We will put you in touch with someone to help you out with training.
Diving Roster (with divers only) needs to be sent to Peg Cohen (Abington) Diving Registrar. Mike Dunn and Mark McElwee need rosters of ALL swimmers and divers.
Rosters must be submitted by the Coaches’ Meeting
Roster changes MUST be submitted to the appropriate registrar 10 days prior to the athlete competing. Please have only one person per team handle roster additions.
Do NOT forget to rename your meet (do not use SAL template as the name). Include your team names and date. TM 2.0 gives you the option to name your meet as you save it.
8. Releases: it is league policy that if an athlete competes in one season, and wishes to switch teams the next season, a release from the current team is required. There are multiple reasons the release is necessary, including but not limited to: financial reasons, equipment, etc… The release MUST be signed by the team rep (not coach). If a release is not granted from the previous team, the athlete will be required to sit out 12 months from the date of last competetion. It is the new team’s responsibility to obtain releases from the old team.
9. We will ask the Webmaster to hide the birthdates of athletes in the Word file on our website.
10. Pete reviewed the chain of command if a team should have an issue during the season. John McGinley, Tom McManus and Jim Davidson are girls, boys and diving presidents. Discussion about sportsmanship and keeping our focus on kids – and the value of sportsmanship at meets.
11. Division Champs can be held before or after Leagues.
Swimming Leagues will be held at LaSalle on either
North Girls: North Penn North Boys: CBSW
West boys: West Girls:
East Boys: East Girls:
Methacton has offered to host Diving Divisions.
12. Hall of Fame – send submissions to Mark McElwee.
13. Dates for Offficial Clinics are as follows: All clinics begin at .
Stroke & Turn:
Upper Merion 10/26
Starter Ref: Upper Dublin 10/18
Upper Merion 10/24
15. SAL Officers:
League Chairman: Pete Crippen
Treasurer: Tom McManus
Secretary: Kathy Garro
Coaches Rep: Stu Kukla
Boys President: Tom McManus – Norristown
Girls President: John McGinley – Upper Merion
Diving President: Jim Davidson – Upper Dublin
East Division Rep: Terry Peterson - Council Rock
Central Division Rep: Paul Mancini – Springfield
North Division Rep: Roberta Lichter – Central Bucks
West Division Rep: Kathy Garro – Upper Merion
16. Team Track brochures handed out by Tom McManus. If interested in using for your team, contact Len Rose.
17. Scheduling: Methacton Halloween Relay Carnival was scratched but Plymouth Whitemarsh offered to host one instead. More information is forthcoming, please check the SAL website. Meet will be on 10/28/06.
18. New Business: From Mark McElwee – thank you from the Kennedy family for Championships. Please focus your team and coaches on sportsmanship. Many people offered to email Pete copies of an Athlete Pledge for us to consider at the next meeting.
19. Than k you from Methacton Aquatic Club and Welcome Back!!!