SAL Spring Meeting



Call to Order:


Bensalem         1          Abington         1          CBEast            1          LowerMer       0

Centennial       2          HatHorsh         1          CBWest           1          Methacton       2

Council Rock  1          Springfld         1          NorthPenn       2          Norristown      2

Lower More    1          Upper Dub      2          PerkVal           2          PW                  2

Neshaminy      1          Wissahick        0          Souderton        1          Radnor                        1

Pennsb             1                                                                                  UpperMer        2


1. Excellent Championships in February!

2. Treasurer Report: Balance as of 3/28 $14,947.08, nothing outstanding.

            Division champs hosts need to get meet entries to Tom McManus ASAP. Dues for next season are based on entries from Leagues and Divisions.


3. WebMaster – Andrew Jesaitis. Thanks to Andrew for keeping us up to date.


4. Registrars: Mike Dunn and Mark McElwee. Results were received timely this season, good job. Few problems with girls and boys being on the wrong roster – please be careful!


Please be sure to include final score of meet when submitting results. Won/Lose record will be posted on web.


There may be an updated program available for record keeping purposes; Mike Dunn will look into it.


*** Extra Meets need to be approved by the Board. Invitational Meets must be approved by the league at the Fall Meeting.***


5. Boys President – Thanks to Pete Crippen and John McGinley. It should be noted that the SAL Board would NOT intervene in team issues.

Girls President – all quiet – thank goodness!

Diving President – CB Southwest held A Champs instead of LaSalle. We are hoping to hold diving there next year as well. Results will be posted on the website soon. Problem: the diving registrar needs a consistent format for submitting results. Pete Crippen will look into MM options.


6. Division Reps – all quiet.


7. League Championships Meet. Went pretty well, good seed meeting but it remains the Rep’s job to educate the coach PRIOR to the meeting. Entries MUST be timely – no exceptions. Teams should post their own entries.


We will work on a Coach’s Checklist for the website. The Neshaminy Coach will start the list and forward it to Andrew.


9. Awards – Karen Palumbo – smooth!!! Return unused ribbons and medals ASAP.


10. Hall of Fame – Mark McElwee. Wonderful new group of inductees and the family of Mike Kennedy was most appreciative of our renaming the SAL League Championship to the Mike Kennedy Championship.

Additions to the Athlete Hall of Fame could include High School All Americans, NCAA champions, All State Champions, Olympians, etc… Please search your team records and make sure the SAL records the accomplishments of our athletes.


11. Officials – things were okay. Much discussion about a Boys Meet where the Stroke & Turn Judge entered an event as a swimmer. No one replaced the official on deck. There was an appearance of impropriety”. Hatboro Horsham proposed the amendment as follows:


Section 3 Paragraph F

Any individual who serves in an official capacity (Starter Referee, Stroke & Turn Judge, Finish/Place Judge) at a given meet shall NOT be permitted to compete in that meet.


Amendment approved.


12. Coaches Rep Report: none.


13. Scheduling: Jamie Forlini.


Setting divisions by strength of teams is not a viable option. Radnor wants more than 5 meets but there is a potential of 12 meets for athletes to compete (counting invitationals).


Alignment as it currently stands was passed.


Debate began between 2 different league schedules (handed out at the meeting). Schedule #1 was approved by the vote of 19 to 12.


14. Pennridge Aquatic Club is trying to put together a team in the North Division. Conditionally approved acceptance into the league.


15. SAL Officers:


League Chairman:                   Pete Crippen

Treasurer:                                Tom McManus            appt’d by League

Secretary:                                Kathy Garro                appt’d by League

Coaches Rep:                          elected at Coaches Meeting


Boys President:                       Tom McManus – Norristown

Girls President:                        John McGinley – Upper Merion

Diving President:                     Jim Davidson – Upper Dublin


East Division Rep:                  Terry Peterson - Council Rock

Central Division Rep:              Paul Mancini – Springfield

North Division Rep:                Roberta Lichter – Central Bucks

West Division Rep:                 Kathy Garro – Upper Merion


Respectfully submitted,


Kathy Garro

SAL Secretary